Letter to a friend of Arya Nagarjuna
Il Ven. Olivier Rossi of the Sangha Onlus Association of Pomaia, conducts a series of three meetings on the text "Letter to a friend of Arya Nagarjuna" at Muni Gyana Center of Palermo who organizes the course.
Ven. Acharya Nagarjuna wrote this text in a few verses so that his friend of royal lineage, King Udaybhadra, could aspire to listen to the teachings of the Buddha and to show him how to integrate Buddhist practice into everyday life. This short composition shows how to achieve real and lasting happiness, the state of buddha, without abandoning social activities and the royal life. Therefore this teaching is aimed at all those who wish to give up suffering and obtain happiness by making this existence highly meaningful.
THE COURSE IS IN THREE MEETINGS
It shows the way to practice to achieve happiness in daily life
1) The Gradual Path to Enlightenment (completed)
2a) Awareness and Connoisseurs (epistemology) (completed)
2b) Minds and Mental Factors (psychology) (completed)
3) Philosophical systems (the two levels of reality according to the 4 schools) (completed)
4) Mental training (Development of altruistic attitude) starting from May 15 2022
5) Heart Sutra (the nature of reality)
6) Essence of the Tathagata (our potential for inner growth)
* Terrain and paths (base, path and result of the three vehicles)
* 70 Subjects (the hidden side of the Prajnaparamita)
7) 4th Chapter of the Ornament for clear realization (the complete contemplative training of the Bodhisattva)
8) Engaging in the actions of a Bodhisattva (cultivating selfless conduct)
9) Grounds and paths of the Secret Mantra (the four classes of Tantra)
April 23, May 21 and June 25, 2022
- 09:30 - 10:15 Meditation
- 10:30 - 12:30 Teachings
- 13:00 - 13:45 Shared Lunch
- 13:45 - 15:45 Karma yoga
- 16:00: 18:00 Teachings
WAYS TO FOLLOW THE COURSES
Both face-to-face and online on the Zoom platform (to follow online, contact the Muni Gyana secretariat)
Ven. Olivier Rossi was born in France in 1969, participated in the Masters Program at the Lama Tzong Khapa Institute in Italy from 1998 to 2005 under the guidance of Ven. Geshe Jampa Gyatso del Sera Jay Jhadrel Khamtsen and took the ordination in June 1998. It is part of the Sangha Onlus Association of Pomaia.
On the advice of his teacher, he assumed the position of assistant teacher for the residential Basic Program at the ILTK from 2005 to 2007, for the Masters Program from 2008 to 2013 and again for the Masters Program in 2015-2016.
In his 23 years of ordination he has also conducted numerous retreats and weekend courses at FPMT centers in Europe and India.
Since 2020 he resides at the Munì Gyana center in Palermo where he currently teaches the residential Basic Program and short weekend courses.
ℹ️ Info and reservations:
Muni Gyana Center of Palermo
Secretariat: +39 3270383805 - firstname.lastname@example.org