The Vinaya: Living the monastic ethical discipline in the West and in the world
Course intended for the ordained sangha
REGISTRATIONS ARE OPEN. SUBSCRIBE BY FILLING IN THE FORM FOUND ON THE PAGE
The Sangha Onlus Association in collaboration with the Lama Tzong Khapa Institute organizes for the first time in Italy, a course three months on the Vinaya, the ethical discipline, the precepts and the rules of formation of the monastic community and the texts that explain it.
From March 7 till June 7, 2022 Geshe Lharampa Jampa Gelek, resident Master of the Institute, will give teachings on the Vinaya al Sangha of all the traditions of Tibetan Buddhism and the Pali tradition.
The program foresees that Geshe-la will deepen the monastic code of ethics: the vows for ghetzul and ghetzulma (novices and novices), and for Gelong and Gelongma (fully ordained monks and nuns), explaining the guidelines that the Buddha established for the ordained Sangha.
Novices and novices will only have access to the first month of teaching, while the fully ordained Sangha will be able to follow the entire path.
History of the Vinaya
Since the time of the Buddha, ordained monks and nuns have the precious responsibility of preserving the teachings and spiritual practice taught by Buddha Shakyamuni. He stated that when a community of four or more fully ordained monks or nuns practices the monastic code, its teachings linger in the world for a long time.
Guided by the vast and profound knowledge of Ven. Geshe Gelek, the monks and nuns will have the precious opportunity to share, in a harmonious spiritual community, a direct experience of the guidelines enunciated by the Buddha, in order to understand how to establish a community. flourishing monastic within modern society in the West and around the world.
- Ven. Geshe Jampa Gelek will teach in Tibetan with English translation and simultaneous translation into Italian.
- The seminar is exclusively for the monastic Sangha.
- The event that aims to strengthen the Buddhist Sangha in spiritual practice will be held at the Lama Tzong Khapa Institute in Pomaia.
- To participate in person, we will give priority based on the registration date only and exclusively through the indicated form. Registrations received in ways other than those indicated will not be accepted.
- It will also be possible to follow the seminar online, by filling out the registration form. Indicate your preference for online mode in the form.
- The teachings are scheduled from Monday to Thursday included, 10 pm: 00 12 at: 00 in the morning.
The first month the votes for the Shramanera / Shramanerika (Getsul / ma) will be commented while in the remaining months the votes of the Bhikku / Gelong will be commented in which also the Bhikkhuni (Gelongma) will be able to participate.
Geshe strongly recommends her to the Bhikku / Bhikkhuni (Gelong / ma) to also take part in the teachings of the first month as they are the foundation of the other vows.
Texts of the teachings
Geshe Gelek will comment on the following five texts:
- རྒྱལ་བ་ དགེ་ འདུན་ དགེ་ འདུན་ ཀྱི་ དུལ་ བ་ (rgyal ba dge 'dun kyi dul ba)
- ཀུན་ མཁྱེན་ མཚོ་ སྣ་ བའི་ འདུལ་བ་ མཚོ་ (kun mkhyen mtsho sna ba'i 'dul ba mtsho)
- རྗེ་ བཙུན་ པའི་ འདུལ་བ་ (rje btsun pa'i 'dul ba)
- པན་ ཆེན་ བདེ་ ལེགས་ ཉི་ མའི་ འདུལ་བ་ (pan chen bde legs nyi ma'i 'dul ba)
- དགེ་ ཚུལ་ བསླབ་ བསླབ་བྱ་ གནམ་ རྩེད་ ལྡེང་ མ་ (dge tshul bslab bya gnam rtsed ldeng ma).
That is a text by the first Dalai Lama (Gyalwa Gendun Drup), the second is a text by Kunkyen Tsonawa, the third by Jetsunpa, the fourth is by Panchen Delek Nyima and the fifth, the only one currently published in English, is by Lama Tsongkhapa and regards the Shramanera / Shramanerika (Getsul / ma) vows.
The program also includes a commentary on the Sojong, or the monastic confession.
In which language will you follow the Event?
- Residential: The Event will be available to residential participants in Italian and English.
- Online: only those who follow the event in streaming will be able to choose a language other than Italian and English. The translation in languages other than those listed (Italian and English) will be available based on the number of requests and interpreters.
- At the current state of the law, for the residential mode (in presence) the participation will be allowed to a maximum of 50 people, based on the capacity of the room. Residential participants will need to have reinforced COVID-19 Green Certification.
REGISTRATIONS ARE OPEN
Registrations, both for participation in presence and online, must be done exclusively by filling out the event form, click on the button below⬇️
Given the continuous evolution of the Covid 19 situation, only those who are in compliance with Italian regulations will be admitted in attendance.
Wherever there is a monk who holds the Vinaya,Lamrim of Pabongka Rinpoche
such a place is illuminated and filled with light.
I will make sure that this place does not remain deserted;
and such a place will cause me no concern